Sunday, November 29, 2009

new job and new life


So it has been a while since I have updated....I am going to try to catch everyone up on what has been going on since the last time I updated.

Les has been studying a lot and doing quite well on his tests. He has also taken some time to enjoy being on the island. I haven't been quite as lucky. I have been working too much...as anyone who knows me can imagine. I am very fortunate to have found a job here, so I cannot complain one bit about working. I have been able to take advantage of some of my off days and go to the beach.

I am working at a great local restaurant called Bottles. It started out as a high-end wine and gift store. Over the past 5 years it has evolved into an amazing fine dining restaurant. The chef, originally from the Napa area, is incredible, and the quality of food is bar none. The best part of the job is that I don't have to speak Spanish! While I am trying to learn, it helps not to have that pressure.

With the unemployment rate in Puerto Rico nearing 16 percent (http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/10/22/puerto.rico.economy/index.html), I have decided to continue to work at Bottles as long as we are here, as well as begin graduate school. Beginning in January, I will begin working on my MBA from Mississippi State through their distance learning program. I am so excited to become a student again!


post signature

No comments: